An improper diet can lead to many disorders, including hormonal abnormalities. The daily diet should include such compounds and minerals that regulate the work of sex hormones. This includes elements such as selenium, zinc and manganese.
Very often, it is the organism itself that informs about a lower level of vitamins and minerals. Worse mood, reduced immunity and libido are the first signs of deficiency of key compounds in the body.
Chemicals that increase sexual desire
A healthy sexual drive indicates optimal testosterone levels in men and progesterone and estrogen in women. Which chemicals are necessary to maintain hormonal balance?
- Selenium is a very important compound that is responsible for the normal functioning of the endocrine system, both in women and men. As it turns out, selenium affects the quality of the sperm produced. The mineral supports the heart and liver, is extremely important for the thyroid gland. Selenium is available in bran, brown rice, herring, sardines, broccoli, oatmeal and garlic.
- Zinc - interestingly, usually testosterone deficiency is associated with insufficient amount of zinc. This element plays an extremely important role in the production of sex hormones. Unfortunately, zinc is difficult to obtain in food products. If it already occurs in insufficient doses. For this purpose, a suitable zinc supplementation is recommended to compensate for the zinc deficiency. This element is very quickly excreted from the body, which is caused, among other things, by stress.
- Phytoestrogens - these are compounds that are available only in plants. In the human body they work on the principle of estrogen - a sex hormone. Phytoestrogens have an excellent effect on ovarian function, inhibit the growth of cancer nodules, effectively increase libido. In addition, they lower the level of bad cholesterol, improve brain function. Phytoestrogens are found in: soya beans, groats, wheat, beans, chickpeas, linseed, sunflower seeds, barley, soya products.
- Arginine - this compound is an amino acid that increases the amount of sperm produced and the motility of sperm. Arginine is also essential for the prevention of atherosclerosis, cardiac arrhythmias and hypertension. Arginine amino acid can be obtained in lean meat, eggs, legumes, nuts and dairy products.
- Manganese is one of those elements that is essential for the production of sex hormones. As a chemical compound, it plays a key role in the regulation of thyroid hormones and insulin. The element stimulates proper bone growth. Manganese can be found in food products such as: legume seeds, brown rice, nuts, raisins, bananas and oat flakes.